Tuesday, October 8, 2019

This Is Me (:


Tonight, a little part of me died more inside. 

Dear Sadness, hello once again. 

It is crazy. Of course it is. 
When I took the move to end a 4 years relationship, everyone thought I was doing the right thing. No one was around to hold my hand through this fire pit I threw myself into. I kept questioning if it was the right thing to do. 

I can never accept defeat to a soul who knew you for just 3 months long. True, time is never a measure or a medium to know someone. 
But to accept someone who cuts herself and then pushes me off the edge. 
Do I really deserve this? *breaks out crying*

I kept control and I returned every possible memory I could have of this person. I don’t deserve the first saree that you’ve handpicked for me although you had no idea how much I loved it. I closed the chapter and I gave myself a closure. I cried so much and convinced myself that I deserved better. I can and I will find better. I cried so much in this lifetime. 


When I met person A, of course like any other we started off as friends. And as many of you would have know, life can never give me enough happiness. Things happened when I was abroad in Vietnam, and that was when he decided to move for another. I wished for many things in life, but if there is one thing, I will stop at, I wished you would have told me upfront.

This left me baffled. I lost a war to a person who I have never met, 
never known. Never heard of. I wished the girl really makes you happy man. Three months was not short, the period that I was with you, turned out to be amazing but I realized that it was so much better to lose you now, rather than three years down the road. Life as it was, I learned to fix myself. I put broken pieces of myself that I could and I walked the walk. 
I walked out of your life.


It was hard but eventually I did. That was when B, walked into my life. 
Like any other promises, you told me that we would sit through business, 
share market classes, marketing classes, and above all, our chess dates. 

That was when you broke my heart once again 
by having me finding out that you were indeed seeing someone else. 

The worst kind of pain is actually telling you how precious and how much 
I care about you. I realized you were the kind of person who says one thing and then, does the other. You were just a friend but I guess that this is it.

I tried fixing myself so hard. Each and every single time somebody takes 
a piece of me with them, I assured myself that it would be okay. That this 
are the steps for me to find The One person who MIGHT make me happy. 


That was when person C came in. Thank you for ghosting out 
and for promising me that you were just here like any other. 
Thank you for dissappearing after having me opening up my life story. 

You were just there because you wanted, sorry. 
You NEEDED a lawyer’s advice and help. What kind of a friend are you, who would have just abandoned me on moments I needed you the most?


When all of this happened, I almost gave up. I was at wits ends, assuring myself that I should give this one more try. That was when person D snuck around and stayed. We had fun. Amazing dinner dates and long drives. 
I would never forget the drive from Brickfields to Assunta Hospital and coming back again, just because I was in the mood to see a lake at night. 

Like I’ve said above, when life sees me a little happy. That’s when it gives me a little taste of my own medicine. I found out that Little Mr. Mechanic here is very much engaged to another soul and belongs to another. 
Of course, I had to break both our hearts knowing this is probably 
the last mess I should put myself in. Because it is never worth the fight. 
Never did and never will. 

I finally gave in and told myself that I will close my heart. 
That this shall be the end of all of my heart broken episodes. 


That was when, you stepped in. You who was my first. 
My all time favourite. The one person who set the bar so high where 
I figure nobody could have ever reached you. The period of waiting for you to be back from ship and boarding again, everything happened in a blink 
of an eye but words after words, time after time that you have hurt me, 
would they all be worth it? I doubt.

You were amazing. You had always been. I was hurt, torn, broken. 
But you waited. You waited for me to heal. And mend me pieces by pieces. 

At the end of it all, you, person E, left too. I hung on to your words. 
Your words weigh a lot to me. But this is you, telling me that you still hasn’t move beyond the two weeks girl. Making me wonder, you’ve put our 10 months to a halt, don’t you? Everything was a fucking joke to you, ain’t it?


This is me writing in October that I need to focus on myself and to put a stop to all this. I need to rebuild myself and my confidence. But where do 
I begin, when each of them has taken very precious pieces of myself? 

My heart, my smile, my hands, my soul and most importantly, 
my happiness. Dear people/humans of Raveenaa’s world, If you think I’m avoiding you and I’ve been really away, trust me that I am not sorry but 
I have been taking time off learning to be alone and really learning to pick myself up. I’ve been sad, really sad but I don’t wanna be sad anymore.

Dear Sadness, where do I begin?


; Dil Mera Blast, Darshvan Raval 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'll keep running, just to find a way to YOU.

I asked if you would be okay with us not being married because honestly, I am scared. I am scared of losing you and always wishing you are h...