Saturday, August 1, 2020

You are my kind of blessing.

You are my kind of blessing.

It was 3pm when I texted you all of my worries. 4pm passed, 5pm passed, 6pm passed and yet I did not hear from you. By 10pm I still did not get a reply and my anxiety grew. I was freaking out of nowhere knowing you’re so far away and I’m not there for you and neither were you here to love and hold me, on days that 
I needed you.

In all of my previous relationships and friendships, 
I’ve always been blessed with the sole fact that they have always been within a call or whatsapp away. 
I’ve always been surrounded with love 
that I’ve never needed to request it.
And then, came you.

I’ve thanked you so many times for living so well. But I’ve never once told you about how I actually felt about you, about us. The idea of us scares me a lot, honestly. But, I want you to know that you make me the 
happiest girl on Earth.

Three am came and you began replying all of my texts. Words by words, assurance after assurance I’ve read them. It was all at one go and yet, I began trembling. 
I was NOT convinced. 
It took you 12 hours to come back to me. I began tearing while typing my replies. And I realised, I’ve been so vulnerable and that I’m so weak that I hate it so much. This is not me, not the me that I’ve known.

After my dad passed away, I’ve never really relied on anybody to get anything. And here you are, holding on to your phone, reassuring me that it would be okay. That we are okay. I called you within that heartbeat. And within a second of the phone ringing, you picked it up.

I began crying so hard, telling you how frustrated I am. And you handled the situation so well.

I must have taken you by surprise when I cried so hard, and you sounded so helpless. 
Words after words, time after time, you listened to me. Promised me that this too, shall pass.

I know I don’t say it enough. 
But thank you for always being here. 
Thank you for always loving me. And thank you, for being mine. Thank you for always holding my heart through this storm. And as much as it scares me, 
I love you.
Rainy days will pass, but my love for you would be eternal. I love you, I do.


#TwentySix #Blessings #BestBirthdayPresent #MyLove 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'll keep running, just to find a way to YOU.

I asked if you would be okay with us not being married because honestly, I am scared. I am scared of losing you and always wishing you are h...